Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like all the extra of the tech package; very good features! Kind of bummed no heated mirrors; its got all these other lights on there they should be heated

82Kuba

Reaction score
From my understanding the all red lights come with the tech package. No tech package, you get the big white **** down the middle.

You're right ... woooohoooo ..

I choose the 802A with no tech package .. just looked at my window sticker and realized I do get the BLIS taillights. I thought the BLIS was part of the tech package. it's part of 802a

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'cept he's right.

If you're buying the truck to haul groceries, or if it's just a big set of peacock feathers for you, then go ahead and get the big assed moonroof. But if you're going offload, there are just way too many complaints from regular F150 owners about the roofs leaking and rattling to think that it will hold up to any amount of abuse.

rock342

Reaction score
How'd a discussion about the tech package turn into a moon roof debate?

Tech package is awesome - i use the ACC every day driving the freeway 12 miles to work and 12 miles home. Love it. I like the second distance setting - seems like a good space for 65 MPH...

The auto-headlights and auto-wipers i haven't used yet so no idea if those are smart enough not to be annoying.

I do use the lane warning system, but not the lane keeping ...

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not get the texh pack , i want to change the bumper, honestly i would love to have the rain sensisng wipers ;( Donyou guys think i can retrofit that??i should have for it.

As for the moon roof one of the best features available in my opinion , even when closed its so nice

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered mine with tech package. Rain sensing wipers were the determining factor. I don't see myself using ACC much, but I've had rain sensing wipers for the last 11 years and love that feature.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I add the Tech Pack? I am only really interested in the Adaptive Cruise control. For those of you with experience using he adaptive cruise, is it worth it?

This thread is TL;DR, but adaptive cruise is amazing for long trips. It takes all the stress out of highway driving. I drove 1,500 miles back from Texas where I bought it and I don't think I'll ever buy another daily driver without it again.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my understanding the all red lights come with the tech package. No tech package, you get the big white **** down the middle.

There's only two tail light options, with or without blis. without blis you get the white middle, with blis it's all red.

Blis isn't a tech package option, it's a separate option or it's included in the 802a package. Listed below is the Tech Package. All these options I can definitely do without and a lot of the technology is in the rear view mirror (and adaptive cruise module in grill) which is over $1,000 (Warranty pricing so CP is much more) when it throws fault codes outside warranty.

The Raptor Technology Package is available on F-150 Raptor.

Includes:
• Lane-Keeping System
• Lane Departure Warning
• Auto High Beam
• Rain-Sensing Wipers
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation

Last edited:

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't use cruise control so didn't want the tech pkg. i would't have cruise control at all if it was an option lol. didn't feel the need for auto dimming light or rain sensing wipers either.