Taking speed breakers in your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironwood

Reaction score
How does your truck do over speed breakers? Do you ignore them or do you have to slow way down? There are also those ten foot wide, one foot tall speed breakers in some neighborhoods around Atlanta. How does a Gen2 Raptor handle those?

Stopped by the dealer this morning and my Raptor is due for delivery the week of April 9th.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
How does your truck do over speed breakers? Do you ignore them or do you have to slow way down? There are also those ten foot wide, one foot tall speed breakers in some neighborhoods around Atlanta. How does a Gen2 Raptor handle those?

Stopped by the dealer this morning and my Raptor is due for delivery the week of April 9th.

I've been able to pull off 88mph through the Starbucks drive-thru.

The Starbucks employees haven't quite mastered getting my venti vanilla latte into the truck without spillage when I'm doing more than 40 mph past the window, though.

I barely feel the speedbumps when i make the run, so I think you'll be fine.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I slow down... no need to beat up the truck if I don't have to. Additionally, speed bumps tend to be in areas where I tend to drive slowly anyhow.

Now, rough railroad crossings, etc... I take those at speed.

guyzilla

Reaction score

I'm in Atlanta and just got my build date of 4/9 with 5/1 delivery. I think the bigger issues are the potholes and idiots walking across roswell rd and buford hwy than the speed bumps.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Time has flown by and I have been around for more years than it feels like, but I have never heard the term "speed breaker". They are called "speed bumps" where I live, but "speed breaker" seems like a better way to articulate those annoying things that spill your drink of choice when you hit them.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 1, but I have speed bumps in my new neighborhood. The faster I go, the softer they are! My other buddies with trucks always have their minds blown when they experience it.