Tailgate Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, just got my Gen 2 and didn't think I would need an add-on anti-theft tailgate lock (like you can buy on Amazon) since the Raptor tailgate locks with the rest of the doors via the remote. However, dealer said he thought I should get one. Any thoughts/advice? Seems like overkill.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-8253DAT-Stainless-Tailgate/dp/B007OSL3DY

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe Ford still won't do this.

I don't recall anyone having a tailgate stolen with a auto locking tailgate, like the Pop and Lock system us Gen 1 guys installed on our trucks.

Last edited:

SamfromTX

Reaction score
Tailgate HAS a lock. Look at the passenger side hinge. There should be a special key that the dealer gave you. Sideway pics again, turn your laptop 90 degrees clockwise.

Attachments

• IMG_7150.jpg
    IMG_7150.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7151.jpg
    IMG_7151.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7152.jpg
    IMG_7152.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ That's what you want to see. A tailgate is very expense to replace. I believe I heard someone say around $1500...If you don't have one of those locks, you should invest in getting one for peace of mind...

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tailgate HAS a lock. Look at the passenger side hinge. There should be a special key that the dealer gave you. Sideway pics again, turn your laptop 90 degrees clockwise.

I think this is a dealer add on...dont think it came from the factory like that, did it? Mine didn't anyway.

SamfromTX

Reaction score
I think this is a dealer add on...dont think it came from the factory like that, did it? Mine didn't anyway.

Hmmm, I don't know. The SA showed it to me when I took delivery but never mentioned they added it. There was not an added expense either. But you are probably right, as I haven't read anything about it until I took delivery.

I googled it, here's the link if anyone is interested:http://www.mcgard.com/index.php/automotive-2/tailgate-lock

Last edited:

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a dealer in my area they have had probably 20+ tailgates stolen, and are now forced to put a tailgate lock on theirs trucks coming on the lot. This was before the new tail gate locking with your doors though.

If you want a budget friendly way you could put a hose clamp around it where you would put a lock..

I dont think ill be buying a lock for mine though as it locks with the doors..