Sync and Spotify Bluetooth issues during call with iPhone x

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I wanted to see if any one had this problem, as it started out of the blue for me.

I stream Spotify through Bluetooth in my truck. When I get a call, something seems to happen with the handoff. The caller id shows up as unknown, (which is not the case because my phone says it correctly) and then when I pick up Spotify continues to stream music while I am on the call

I can only hear the music on my end and it is super annoying. I have updated the iPhone and reinstalled Spotify. I have also done a master reset with sync and upgraded it to 3.0. Nothing changed.

I narrowed the problem to Spotify I think because Calls work flawlessly when it is not running or Apple Music is playing instead.

I prefer Spotify’s playlist support. But this issue is a deal breaker and really annoying. It seemed to have started after Spotify had an auto update

Using iPhone X.

Thanks