GEN 2 Sync Connect Question - 2018 Ordered Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorQT

Reaction score
I placed my order today for my 2018 Raptor -happy dance- I sent the build sheet to the salesguy who took my order, he sent me back the order detail for approval. We went back and fourth on Sync Connect, and he was almost adamant, to the point I almost cancelled my order, that I add this to my build. Has anyone had this same issue, and am I crazy for not wanting this on my truck? Do they get some kind of incentive for upselling this? I am simple and want to keep my truck that way.:mwah1:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sync connect allows you to connect your phone app to your truck. Start it, monitor it, receive messages from it etc. yes I would get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwvdds02

Reaction score
Sync connect allows you to connect your phone app to your truck. Start it, monitor it, receive messages from it etc. yes I would get it.

Isn't sync connect included in the 802 package that's like $9k?

OP
OP
RaptorQT

RaptorQT

Reaction score
Isn't sync connect included in the 802 package that's like $9k?

I chose the 801a package, I dont need all the extras the 802 comes with. This is a mean ass truck, just get me in some dirt and I am happy girl!

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I chose the 801a package, I dont need all the extras the 802 comes with. This is a mean ass truck, just get me in some dirt and I am happy girl!

Well good thing you still get it in 801... your sales guy is an idiot lol.

OP
OP
RaptorQT

RaptorQT

Reaction score

Sync 3 comes with the 801a package, Sync Connect only comes with the 802.
My understanding is that Sync 3 does not come with Apple Car Play or Google Android Auto. In order to have those you have to opt for Sync Connect. I could be wrong...

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

My understanding the only thing Sync Connect does that Sync 3 doesnt is connect remotely to your car through your smartphone, so if you need to remotely unlock it, or turn it on because its hot/cold outside.
I am also not 100% clear if Sync 3 allows you to connect to Apple Car Play, or Android Auto.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score

My understanding is that Sync 3 does not come with Apple Car Play or Google Android Auto. In order to have those you have to opt for Sync Connect. I could be wrong...

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

My understanding the only thing Sync Connect does that Sync 3 doesnt is connect remotely to your car through your smartphone, so if you need to remotely unlock it, or turn it on because its hot/cold outside.

I am also not 100% clear if Sync 3 allows you to connect to Apple Car Play, or Android Auto.

Nope mine has all those things I own an 801. Sales guy is trying to get you to spend 10k.