Stubby antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found one that works? Have friends that have bought the top rated off Amazon but continuesly loose signal.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ultimately, it boils down to your location. If you're in the middle of nowhere, no stubby antenna is going to perform better than another. If you're near cities, then you have a better chance of getting reception.

I switched to a stubby earlier this year and even though there's a slight dropoff in reception of some of the stations I listen to, the look of the stubby outweighs the performance dropoff. That, and I can easily stream those stations from my phone. So, in the end, no big deal.

Good luck!

Punkur67

Reaction score
I put one on so putting my cover on was easier. Reception goes out and has static but I really use pandora 99% of the time anyways. I used the $40 solid copper one from amazon

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 20 year old BMW doesn't have an external antenna. Anyone know why Ford sticks with the obnoxiously large whip antenna when there are better alternatives?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 20 year old BMW doesn't have an external antenna. Anyone know why Ford sticks with the obnoxiously large whip antenna when there are better alternatives?

On vehicles that don't have large whip, I think the antenna is usually integrated in the rear glass along with the rear defroster. My guess is this isn't ideal on a F150 due to the smaller area of the rear glass, not to mention it's not one solid piece.