Stubby Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McNultron

Reaction score
Hi All,

First time posting here - I've been lurking for a while and I want to say thank you for all the great threads.

I am patiently waiting for the delivery of my first ever truck. Supposedly it is being built now and I should be able to take it home by the end of August.

To take my mind off the waiting, I've started buying some essential items. I was about to pull the trigger on a stubby antenna when I noticed the 2018 has a new antenna location, I think.

Not only did I want to share that with anyone else currently stocking up on 2018 aftermarket parts but I was also wondering what other 2017 aftermarket parts have new designs. Would it be risky to buy things like pedal commander, boostmax, leveling etc for the 2018? ie. is it possible these items could require an update from 2017-2018? How about Forscan? Should I avoid making Forscan changes too soon after the beginning of production?

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Hi All,

First time posting here - I've been lurking for a while and I want to say thank you for all the great threads.

I am patiently waiting for the delivery of my first ever truck. Supposedly it is being built now and I should be able to take it home by the end of August.

To take my mind off the waiting, I've started buying some essential items. I was about to pull the trigger on a stubby antenna when I noticed the 2018 has a new antenna location, I think.

Not only did I want to share that with anyone else currently stocking up on 2018 aftermarket parts but I was also wondering what other 2017 aftermarket parts have new designs. Would it be risky to buy things like pedal commander, boostmax, leveling etc for the 2018? ie. is it possible these items could require an update from 2017-2018? How about Forscan? Should I avoid making Forscan changes too soon after the beginning of production?

Yes, stay stock for your warranty period because there is a very high probability that you will need to utilize it. No need to give them ammo to deny you. Best to just leave it alone.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, stay stock for your warranty period because there is a very high probability that you will need to utilize it. No need to give them ammo to deny you. Best to just leave it alone.

What Sasquatch is referring to is that intercooler condensation issue and cam phaser issues with these gen 2 trucks. Modifying your antenna will completely void your warranty, the solution is to trade your gen 2 truck on a gen 1 truck as soon as possible to avoid these issues. If you have to keep your truck please get a 1/16 drill bit and drill holes in virtually every part in your engine bay, then and only then will your Raptor be reliable.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a serious note (not to blow you off or make you think we are all *****,) you'd should hold off on any mods until you get your truck. No one has a 2018 yet, so we don't have the final answers on the antennas or stamped tailgates, how the B&O will sound etc... Just be patient and enjoy it as a stock vehicle first, then once that wears off get the mods.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Right... preferably after 60k miles. You definitely need to retain warranty on the ecoboost engine and 10spd.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Drilling a weep hole could void the warranty too, but you keep telling everybody to do it.

OP
OP
M

McNultron

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've been hanging around long enough to understand your point in your original posts. However, there is no way I could keep it stock for 60k miles. I highly doubt my dealer would mess with me for little things and most everything I will do will be easily reversible.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I mostly just wanted to share that it looks like the antenna mount postion and grommet have changed.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It does NOT void a warranty. Show me ONE person that that happened to. You won't find one.

I don't know of anyone that has drilled a weep hole in a 2015+ Ecoboost....even though the resident troll keeps telling everyone to do it.