Stowable Bed Extender Work as Advertised?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell from the pictures online how it connects to the bed? Does it utilize the connection for the rear box links? Any issues with using a retractable tonneau on top?

Last edited:

buyfire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think I wanted the bed extender on my G1, but it was already there so I kept it. I use it on an almost weekly basis. I don't recall how it's mounted. No issues/interference with my Extang Revolution tonneau. I can't imagine that it would interfere with any other models either.

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Started looking at other pics and looks like it connects to a section closer to the tailgate and doesn't occupy one of the Boxlink clamps. I just ordered it online from a dealer in the midwest.

HellFish

Reaction score
Is it the same bed extender as the one on the G1 Raptor? I was hoping to re-use my existing extender.

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the same bed extender as the one on the G1 Raptor? I was hoping to re-use my existing extender.

It looks very similar but I don't think the mounting brackets are going to match. The description read for F150's models 2015+.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one from Amazon for pretty cheap. spent and hour installing it (should have taken 20 min), used it for half a day and then returned it. I'm going to get the bed divider... Just wanted something to keep the ice and beer from flying around the bed.

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one from Amazon for pretty cheap. spent and hour installing it (should have taken 20 min), used it for half a day and then returned it. I'm going to get the bed divider... Just wanted something to keep the ice and beer from flying around the bed.

So this was the main reason I purchased it and planned on using a bungee cable to secure it to the bed extender when it wasn't deployed over the tailgate. What made you send it back?