Stock 801a vs 802a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the noob question....but I am finding it hard to find a "low-optioned" 802a with just a moonroof as an addition.

I am contemplating moving down a level to an 801a to get it into the pricing structure I'd like.

Is there anywhere on the forum that lists the differences between an 801a vs an 802a, but with no additional add-ons? Side by side.

I apologize if its somewhere and just not seeing it.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Torsen front differential really only come on the 802A??? Surprising.

Anyways if you look at the pics I sent and start below the tailgate applique on the 802A line up that's the other stuff you get in the package based on what the Ford website says.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Torsen front differential really only come on the 802A??? Surprising.

Anyways if you look at the pics I sent and start below the tailgate applique on the 802A line up that's the other stuff you get in the package based on what the Ford website says.

Do you find that the Torsen front is a must-have? Honestly, my raptor will be a daily driver.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you find that the Torsen front is a must-have? Honestly, my raptor will be a daily driver.
I don't exactly have a basis for comparison personally.

I daily drive a 13 and have an 18 with the 802A around, but I don't know what it's like without the torsen.

If I'm not mistaken the Torsen is what adds the locker on the front axle??

If you're going to daily drive it and do minor off roading I don't think you'll miss it too much. But if you wanna go hardcore rock crawling and hit up some bad trails it'd probably come in handy.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not even sure my post is going to help any but its def not meant to be a negative post just my opinion.
the 17 and 18 raptor are bad ass because of the cool technology most of it in the 802A equipped versions. if money is an issue? you kinda stated that, I would look at the 13s or 14s or if you like the motor of style better wait on a used one.
then again its JMO
good luck either way you go.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Customize one on the Ford website to the spec you want and look at the price that goes along with it is all I've gotta say. 802A is a big price jump but has a lot that makes the raptor a raptor.

It reminds me of jeep wranglers.... Get the lower models and you get smaller axles and less stuff and the higher models end up getting the things that make a Jeep so capable.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I looked at an 801A with the options I "had" to have VS a low optioned 802A. The price difference came out very close. I ended up ordering an 802A with heated rear seats, applique delete, and tailgate step.