Steering wheel off center, any fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed that my steering wheel’s orange ring is not exactly centered, it’s left about half inch.

I took it to a dirt rd for a short trip to check the new +3 Deavers, a few quick take offs forward and back and a few full brakes forward and back. Everything felt good. But today I noticed it’s not centered, checked springs again and all is good tight and even.

Took it to dealer for alignment and he said it’s aligned and drives straight and alignment wont center the ring.

So if I place ring right on center while driving it veers right. Is there any way to fix this? Center it?

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed that my steering wheel’s orange ring is not exactly centered, it’s left about half inch.

I took it to a dirt rd for a short trip to check the new +3 Deavers, a few quick take offs forward and back and a few full brakes forward and back. Everything felt good. But today I noticed it’s not centered, checked springs again and all is good tight and even.

Took it to dealer for alignment and he said it’s aligned and drives straight and alignment wont center the ring.

So if I place ring right on center while driving it veers right. Is there any way to fix this? Center it?
Take your Raptor to another dealer and ask him to align it. This is a very easy fix.

D

Deleted member 12951

They need to set the steering wheel centered and adjust toe.
Most shops struggle with this apparently.
I have the Firestone lifetime alignment and I have given up. Dealer isn't much better. Once you find a great alignment shop, treat them good.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer is an idiot. Alignment doesn't just mean the car drives straight it also means the wheel is aligned with the tires.

0-60 freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have exact same prob, very simple tie rod adj, if caster/camber is perfect, then its simple toe

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just returned from another dealer. This one only sells/sevices Ford truck, mostly commercial (Bayshore Ford Trucks New Castle, DE).

All is nice and even now........They said the driver toe was off. Not covered under warranty, just cost 90 bucks.

Took truck to lincoln ford when I had the door and seat belt recalls taken care of. service area, waiting area were clean, modern with coffee, wifi and all the goodies expected from a Lincoln dealer, but they did a terrible job when I took it there for my steering wheel issue. Bayshore Ford trucks is a old school service area that smells like transfer case oil and the mechanics look like they just wrestled an engine down to submission with oil & grease stains all over. waiting room was just for sitting and waiting, I could here the dings, bangs and clunks as the mechanics worked on commercial trucks that seemed to have some real issues.

When my truck was completed the mechanic himself came out and let me know it was fixed and what the problem was. Looks like this will be my new dealer for service from now on.