Steering wheel deformation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an issue with my steering wheel and wanted to find out if other members had it as well.

On the back-side of my steering wheel, just behind the bottom right "spoke", there are a number of deformations under the leather. Feels like "acne", according to my service advisor.. Gross, but funny.

I took it in today to have it replaced, and the replacement wheel had the same issues. They also checked another raptor sitting on the lot and it had the same issue.

They are taking it up with Ford, but I wanted to just check the community and see what was out there.

ThatTorqueTho

Reaction score
Have it on mine too. Exactly where you described it being but mines more in a small ball with bumps in it. Ill take a pic once im home.

OP
OP
Q

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s mine

Attachments

• C139FDF0-462C-4F54-8241-17C3D132443A.jpg
    C139FDF0-462C-4F54-8241-17C3D132443A.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 114

801Ag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad you asked...I've got the same sort of thing on my 2018 with heated steering. Figured it was related to wiring or something. Also note that the red line at 12 o'clock does not heat...do you'all have a cold spot there too?

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an issue with my steering wheel and wanted to find out if other members had it as well.

On the back-side of my steering wheel, just behind the bottom right "spoke", there are a number of deformations under the leather. Feels like "acne", according to my service advisor.. Gross, but funny.

I took it in today to have it replaced, and the replacement wheel had the same issues. They also checked another raptor sitting on the lot and it had the same issue.

They are taking it up with Ford, but I wanted to just check the community and see what was out there.
>>> Feels like "acne", <<<
The Beast is in it's " Teenage " years.
It's just Teenage Acne! It'll grow it out. :ROFLJest:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have it and am 99% certain it is the wiring for the heated steering wheel. I have little doubt those with it have heated steering and those that don't don't.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it and am 99% certain it is the wiring for the heated steering wheel. I have little doubt those with it have heated steering and those that don't don't.

This is correct. Was posted some time ago in a previous thread. As I recall, some of the heated wheels were worse than others.