Speed limiter 107mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire rating of the stock KO2's is why the truck is speed limited, this was mentioned several times by Ford engineers in various videos.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One does not have to be an aeronautical engineer to look at that front skid plate and realize this truck was not designed for very high speeds.

D

Deleted member 12951

Speed ratings are over-rated on these tires. Look up how they rate those, you will never run at that speed for 8 hours. I've hit the limiter more times than I can remember. Hit the other day just going into town. Hit it in the dirt about 6 times or so. Believe the 14 is set to 105 or 110. Preach to the choir elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speed ratings are over-rated on these tires. Look up how they rate those, you will never run at that speed for 8 hours. I've hit the limiter more times than I can remember. Hit the other day just going into town. Hit it in the dirt about 6 times or so. Believe the 14 is set to 105 or 110. Preach to the choir elsewhere.

Looks like fun :) Where in AZ was that? 14' limiter was set to 101. That vid is not even close to 101 but still looks like amazing fun.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does something magical happens at 108mph?

"When this thing hits 108 MPH, you're gonna see some serious shit!"

(For those of you that are old enough to remmebr what happended at 88MPH) :headbang: 32 Years later the speed went up a bit.