GEN 2 Spare wheel and tire35x12.5” fit in stock location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checking to see if everyone that went with custom wheels did you get all five and will a 35x12.5” fit in the stock spare location?

Completely forgot to order the spare and I know its not a true 35” tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a toyo mt mounted with a fuel anza wheel in the stock spare location. Fits perfectly. 35 x 12.5 x 17. I don’t think you’ll have any trouble as long as you stay in the 35” size range.

Hdscreens

Reaction score
What sort of spare does Raptor come with? Is it exact same wheel and tire or just a steel generic combo? Can anyone recommend a good wheel lock kit for the factory wheels and tires? Preferably a lock on every single lug.

D

Deleted member 12951

What sort of spare does Raptor come with? Is it exact same wheel and tire or just a steel generic combo? Can anyone recommend a good wheel lock kit for the factory wheels and tires? Preferably a lock on every single lug.

Yes, spare is same exact wheel and tire but with no TPMS.

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checking to see if everyone that went with custom wheels did you get all five and will a 35x12.5” fit in the stock spare location?

Completely forgot to order the spare and I know its not a true 35” tire.

I got all 5 Method NVs 0 offset with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5xR17 and spare fits under the bed no problem.

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35 fits with enough gap between exhaust heat shields. A 37 would require modification.

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mods are required to fit a 37" spare in the stock location? Can you manage to make it fit by deflating the tire to a lower pressure?

baptizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mods are required to fit a 37" spare in the stock location? Can you manage to make it fit by deflating the tire to a lower pressure?

That might work - dang, why didn't I think of that??? :oops: Reason being I run 37's on my '08 SD but don't carry a spare due to the lack of clearance...oh, and the '15 take-off bed didn't come with the mounting hardware.

But, that is definitely a good idea - just make you have an air pump stored somewhere and you're good to go (mine connects to the battery and works great).