Sound deading material?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked over my truck today at the dealer. When I opened the front door I see a bag filled with what seams like foam inside the rear of the front fender? Is this normal for f150s and raptors. Thanks.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can not, sorry. My phones camera died some time ago. I will check my passenger side this week once I pick it up. Its strange looking to say the least. Maybe someone will snap a picture of their rear front fender area.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in the cab. Inside the front fender area. Lower portion of the front fender. Once you open the door you see the lower inner portion of the front fender. This is where the foam is sitting.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at my 2012 and the fender is wrapped around and sealed with spray foam. Can not see the inside of the front fender at all. I know why ford did this, to save weight I'm sure. Just looks bad to me. I would take a few more pounds to have it look decent. Maybe someone with a 2017 raptor could take a picture with their front door open facing the hinge area/front fender.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a sound deadener. Helps allot with road noise from the front tires. its a piece of plastic with a foam sealer around it. Pretty common these days

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks otis, I was thinking the same thing. I just wish they could of finished the edges better and not see the deading material. I'm sure I can over look it after awhile.

OP
OP
J

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can a few raptor owners take a picture of their front door hinge/ lower front fender area.