So my PCM apparently fried itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2018 Raptor with ~4200 miles on it. Took it into the dealer for a driver side door fitment issue. The edge of the door would rub slightly against the edge of the fender when opening the door. Dealer fixed the issue and were unable to start the vehicle afterwards.

They pushed it to one of the service bays and diagnosed it for the next couple days. Got a call today saying the PCM just stopped working and they have a new one on order. They have no clue how it happened. Original one will be going back to Ford for analysis.

Part should arrive on Monday, not sure if my truck will be ready the same day. I'll keep this thread updated.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is it tuned?

Nope. Bone stock thankfully. It literally failed while it was at the dealership. They called to tell me the car would be ready in 15 minutes then 30 minutes later called back saying they can’t get the car started.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like they forgot to disconnect a switch in the door or crossed wires that could have been tied to the PCM. I haven’t dug into mine but there is an activation switch that activates the PCM when the driver door is opened. Could be something with that. Then again who knows what they did when working on the door. I don’t particularly trust a lot of dealerships with my vehicles.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Bone stock thankfully. It literally failed while it was at the dealership. They called to tell me the car would be ready in 15 minutes then 30 minutes later called back saying they can’t get the car started.

Good thing you hadn't jumped on a tune yet, that would have been lame lol

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odd my 2018 has been undriveable since the 12th of Dec with a new PCM ordered that is under national backorder and you are getting a new one in a few days.. hmm
pcm%20backorder_zpstw5dvhzk.jpg

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Odd my 2018 has been undriveable since the 12th of Dec with a new PCM ordered that is under national backorder and you are getting a new one in a few days.. hmm
pcm%20backorder_zpstw5dvhzk.jpg

Just relaying what the dealer was telling me, I may get a call Monday saying it’s on backorder. Service manager did call me back requesting me to bring in my other key for reprogramming. I’ll bring this to his attention when I take the key in Monday morning

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just relaying what the dealer was telling me, I may get a call Monday saying it’s on backorder. Service manager did call me back requesting me to bring in my other key for reprogramming. I’ll bring this to his attention when I take the key in Monday morning

Ya sorry if I came off not believing you wasn't my intent. Just find it weird I hope you get it so I can get on my dealers ass. :)