Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Smoother Transmission Shifting

This is a discussion on Smoother Transmission Shifting within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
As stated in other posts, I am not completely sold on how the 10-speed transmission shifts. Shifts from 6 through ...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Smoother Transmission Shifting
As stated in other posts, I am not completely sold on how the 10-speed transmission shifts. Shifts from 6 through 10 gear are great, but under normal accelerations, the shifts from 1st to 3rd and 3rd to 5th (2nd and 4th gears are skipped) are very noticeable to me due to the extra RPMs required to skip the gears and the slower shift speeds. What I have noticed, which makes things much better, is if I continue to add more throttle at the time of the shift, the gear changes are much smoother and actually occur quicker and at lower RPMs. It appears that I like to depress the gas pedal a given distance from the outset and hold it there, but in doing such, the gear change from 1st to 3rd is nowhere near as smooth as if I am adding more throttle while the truck is shifting.

Jeff-Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Jeff,

When my wife drives the truck, I donít feel the issue at all. When I drive, I think Iím noticing what you see as well. When Iím in sport, I find the shift 1-2 can be a bit harsh and on steady throttle, the gears are close enough that just moping around renders the shift on the more noticeable side.

I am not noticing a significant difference in normal mode economy over sport for the way I drive. if itís there, itís less than 1mpg.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote