Small oil leak- Result Melted Oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Went to get oil change before i head south this weekend- Oil was splattered everywhere.

Took into ford- they removed the oil pan to find it was all melted and warped.

I know I've seen some stuff about people leaking oil- anyone have this issue?

Im at 32,000 miles

Wish i had photos but they didnt give them to me

Anyways they gave me a new oil pan and i was on my way

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Seems an aftermarket aluminum pan would be in high demand for these trucks.
Is this the first time your oil pan has been changed?

Yeah first time they replaced it- I thought it was just the plastic plug so i went to a dealership got a new plug then changed my oil and it was still leaking so thats when i took it in.

@RPG lets get some new oil pans... Gracias!

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of parts made of plastic on engines that get hot and tested and do just fine. There has to have been a bad batch of pans somewhere. There have been a few needing new pans . Do the regular f150's have plastic pans to? I'm keeping my fingers crossed over here, only 6700 miles so far.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Yes - all 3.5 Ecoboost engines from 2017+ have these plastic pans. The normal f150 people are having this issue too. There is something wrong with the pan, how it mounts, and the seal used.

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes - all 3.5 Ecoboost engines from 2017+ have these plastic pans. They normal f150 people are having this issue too. There is something wrong with the pan, how it mounts, and the seal used.

Hey Sasquatch, I mean MGD, will drilling a weep hole help prevent this problem?