GEN 2 Should order the front axle with TORSEN® Differential $500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It isn't added traction that causes the torque steer, but the diff design putting more power to the slower turning wheel (the inside wheel). This characteristic gives Torsen equipped vehicles a firm centerning feel when driven in 4A. Something that is not felt in open diffs in typical AWD designs.

this is also why i have an open on my other 4wd vehicle.

with the iwe setup on the f150, the torsen diff wont effect anything in 2wd. but if you were spinning everything all the time, will create some minor tugging .

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
$500 is cheap for a trouble free option that would cost 4-5 times that amount to add later. It's not new technology at all. been around for decades. It's one of those options that is better to have and not need rather than need and not have.

OP
OP

64-bit

Reaction score
You're new here, so a piece advice. Just don't engage that guy at all. You'll be all the better for it. You will receive absolutely zero helpful information.

Thank you for the information

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I just called my dealer and I had them add the TORSEN® Differential option to the car.

Thank you all for the input.

Car is on order, will be ready by April / May of 2018.

I even taught to myself if I should wait for the 2019s but that I will take me another 6 months just to order then anther 3 months to get it, 9 months form now it is just too much.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I just called my dealer and I had them add the TORSEN® Differential option to the car.

I even taught to myself if I should wait for the 2019s but that I will take me another 6 months just to order then anther 3 months to get it, 9 months form now it is just too much.

get a low mile 2014 and love the balls off it for two years until the 18s are used and 19s have low miles on them.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a truck guy, also own a 2016 M3.

As far as low IQ, I do speak 3 language and I provide IT solutions for large corporations, stop and think a little bit about your answer.

That is why I'm here, asking for those who knows about it, as my dealer is basically clueless.

Add Jake17 to your ignore list and while you’re adding to it add MGD. They are both useless trolls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bumwhine

Reaction score
It isn't added traction that causes the torque steer, but the diff design putting more power to the slower turning wheel (the inside wheel). This characteristic gives Torsen equipped vehicles a firm centerning feel when driven in 4A. Something that is not felt in open diffs in typical AWD designs.

Because open diffs aren't ******* good, dude. The diff biases torque to the wheel with more grip, that's how they work and why helical differentials are called torque-biasing (TORque SENsing, can't imagine where they got the name) differentials.

Add Jake17 to your ignore list and while you’re adding to it add MGD. They are both useless trolls

Caught this the other day.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes.

Got me out of a bad spot I shouldn't have been in to start with. All wheels working together can be very important!!!

bumwhine

Reaction score
Nah I'd rather my 4x4 actually just be 2wd, one front one rear, seems fine. Cool and good.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Enjoy the ride! You made the right choice with the Torsen.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because open diffs aren't ******* good, dude. The diff biases torque to the wheel with more grip, that's how they work and why helical differentials are called torque-biasing (TORque SENsing, can't imagine where they got the name) differentials.

OK keyboard jockey, if open diffs are "aren't ******* good, dude", why are 99.9%+ of all vehicles sold with an open diff? Even the Raptor's primary drive is an open diff.

As for "the wheel with more grip", which wheel has more grip on dry pavement?

Can't wait to hear the answers you come up with.