Shorty Antennas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a lot of people have this on their list of mods / accessories...so I thought I'd post this. I am not a huge fan of the super short antennas, but I know a lot of folks are. The factory antenna is 32" long and one of the biggest reasons I wanted a shorter one is because it hits the support beams in parking garages and my door in my garage, and annoys me, so I went for the 21". Doesn't look that much shorter, but it is 11" shorter and is almost level with the top of the cab (it looks taller than it actually is in the pic). Anyway, $24 shipped on Amazon. Or you can always just pull the ball off the end of the stocker, cut to your desired length and epoxy or crimp the ball back on. A little harder to do with the twisted wire style of the stocker but definitely can be done.

Shortened%20antenna.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d consider one that was just a hair taller than the cab height

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my small 13" one for that same reason. I have definitely lost reciption to some stations. I may try this one if there is no difference in performance.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my small 13" one for that same reason. I have definitely lost reciption to some stations. I may try this one if there is no difference in performance.

Keep in mind that the factory antenna is a 1/4 wave whip, with a length selected to be radiant at the FM broadcast band. Shortening it will always reduce reception. Rubber ducky antenna's are designed with a loading coil to reduce a portion of that signal loss.

If you like your FM and need the best reception possible to pull in weak signals, best to leave it at factory length.

If terrestrial radio is not an issue or you drive under the shadow of your favorite radio station's transmission tower, then a shorter antenna won't be a problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say I've noticed zero difference in reception so far with the antenna shortened by 11"

82Kuba

Reaction score
Warning... make sure to take the shorty off if you use an automatic car wash.. I have one on my Rubicon and the dummies at the car wash forgot to take it off yesterday and it broke my windshield.. second time this year!!! Now I have to replace the windshield before my Raptor comes in cause I'm trading in the Jeep... Waiting to hear back from the owner of the car wash:mad:

ehssey

Reaction score
Has anyone found a cap that will cover the antenna mount hole on the base, for complete removal of the antenna? I strictly stream Spotify from my phone so antenna not needed. Tx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
Has anyone found a cap that will cover the antenna mount hole on the base, for complete removal of the antenna? I strictly stream Spotify from my phone so antenna not needed. Tx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1...use Sirius only