Shipping from out of State

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm purchasing a Raptor from Iowa and having it shipped to CA.

The dealer quoted me $1,475 to ship in an open trailer and $2950 to ship in an enclosed trailer.

Has anyone seen similar costs (initally seems high to me)?

Opinions on shipping open vs. enclosed?

mcote1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd personally do a little price checking on that as it seems a little steep. Price typically depends on how far off the beaten path it has to be picked up and dropped off. If pick up and drop off are in major metropolitan areas it should be cheaper as trucks frequent the areas more often.

I wouldn't be worried about doing an enclosed trailer, just know it will probably show up dirty from the travel.

One recommendation I would make is to have the driver photograph the truck before prior to leaving dealership to document the condition of vehicle at time of pickup. That way if you get it and there are problems the dealer can't just blame trucker.

Hope this helps and congrats on new truck! Enjoy!

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be able to get an open trailer for under $1K and closed for around
Ive shipped my GTR from Los Angeles CA to Atlanta GA in an enclosed truck and they charged me around $1400.

I am hoping you got a banging deal from the dealer out of state to make it worth all this hassle.

OP
OP
surfnsocal

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be able to get an open trailer for under $1K and closed for around
Ive shipped my GTR from Los Angeles CA to Atlanta GA in an enclosed truck and they charged me around $1400.

I am hoping you got a banging deal from the dealer out of state to make it worth all this hassle.

thanks! Yep- MSRP. Defintely a deal compared to the ADM's in SoCal.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. I got MSRP out here on my 2018 in So Cal so I got pretty lucky considering. I didn't have to deal with out of state or registration issues.

Definitely a fun truck enjoy. But I would shop around on the shipping.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Are you buying off the lot or ordering? If you are ordering use the Ford Courtesy Delivery Program. Ford will drop ship the truck to the dealer of your choice. The selling dealer arranges with the receiving dealer to do the PDI. They usually charge a couple of hundred dollars. If you are buying off the lot those quoted prices are way too high.

OP
OP
surfnsocal

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try uship.com and see what kind of offers you get. At least you can use it as a bargaining tool to get the dealer price down.

I just found uship.com actually. Quotes are well below what the dealer in Iowa was quoted. However, after looking at reviews on Yelp for some of these companies I'm really nervous!

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yea do review and research dont just trust any company but at the same time most people whom write reviews only take time to write negative reviews. I say fly out and drive back it would be an experience to say the least haha.