Shifting issues from 1st to 2nd in Sport Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced an issue when your truck shifts from 1st to 2nd in Sport Mode?
Mine just turned 200 miles and I recently put it in sport mode, gave it about half throttle from a stop and before shifting to 2nd, it almost pauses, revs and then slams into 2nd gear. It's obviously not by design as all the other gears all the way to 10th, shift nice and smoothly.
I took it back to the dealer and the Regional Sales Rep was there and told them to call Dearborn and report the problem. Apparently there is a team there on standby waiting to hear of any issues with the Raptor release.
I'm now waiting to hear back from them.
In the meantime, I wanted to see if anyone else is having the problem.

jeffkrgutility

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced an issue when your truck shifts from 1st to 2nd in Sport Mode?
Mine just turned 200 miles and I recently put it in sport mode, gave it about half throttle from a stop and before shifting to 2nd, it almost pauses, revs and then slams into 2nd gear. It's obviously not by design as all the other gears all the way to 10th, shift nice and smoothly.
I took it back to the dealer and the Regional Sales Rep was there and told them to call Dearborn and report the problem. Apparently there is a team there on standby waiting to hear of any issues with the Raptor release.
I'm now waiting to hear back from them.
In the meantime, I wanted to see if anyone else is having the problem.

I have not had this issue in sport or any other mode.

Lumber

Reaction score
1500 miles on mine, all in sport mode, I'm not having that issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim750

Reaction score
Haven't noticed that myself. All I know is that truck is wicked (awesome) in sport mode in terms of shift speed and motor performance.

oxwhite806

Reaction score
Picked up my Screw last Friday and after a week I am feeling the same way about the odd/hard shifts in the lower gears. I may follow suit and stop by dealer for a checkup.....

OP
OP
N

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Screw last Friday and after a week I am feeling the same way about the odd/hard shifts in the lower gears. I may follow suit and stop by dealer for a checkup.....

So I decided to pull the battery cables off and gave it about 30 minutes (basically a reboot) hooked up the battery and gave it a shot. Not sure if it's a fluke or not, but it's now shifting correctly in sport mode. Shifting hard and quick like it's supposed to, not into second after a long pause and high rev. I'm still going to wait to hear what the dealer has to report from FP on Monday, but at least for now, it seems to be working....

Pic18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had that issue from time to time. It seems to happen occasionally when the transmission is cold, as it warms up it smooths out. As I have put more miles on the truck it also seems less frequent but does still occasionally happen.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I decided to pull the battery cables off and gave it about 30 minutes (basically a reboot) hooked up the battery and gave it a shot. Not sure if it's a fluke or not, but it's now shifting correctly in sport mode. Shifting hard and quick like it's supposed to, not into second after a long pause and high rev. I'm still going to wait to hear what the dealer has to report from FP on Monday, but at least for now, it seems to be working....

Transmission learns.....so maybe this un-learned its bad habits. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20