Shaking in steering (3 shakes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coachjguyer

Reaction score
This is gonna sound weird but I promise you I'm not crazy. I've got a 2017 Raptor with every option. It's got 1,800 miles on it. I've got a cold air intake, upr oil separator, and magnaflow exhaust. Nothing else. Everything else is stock. This has been doing this since day one so I can't believe it's any of my modifications.

Whether I'm braking, accelerating, cornering or just driving in a straight line, every so often (maybe every 30 seconds or so) I feel and see three very quick but distinct shakes in my steering wheel. To compare, it feels like an older pickup with bad brakes and you feel vibration in the steering wheel when you hit the brakes. It's three quick (3-4 seconds of shaking in total) and it's fairly methodical when it occurs. Speed doesn't matter either. I can go 100mph or 35 mph. It's still there. No matter what mode I'm in, or what steering setting it's.

Is anyone else experiencing this??

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does it with lane departure or or off?

bingo.
Look at the dash for the lane departure arrows at the bottom / center of the display. When they go from green to yellow, you get the vibration when your lane departure setting is on ‘warn’ as oppose to warn/assist. In the latter setting, the truck will nudge the wheel for you the direction it thinks you should go.

It’s pretty effective, but as you’re finding out the Rap is ... shall we say... big framed an tends to take up a lot of the lane. It easily gets close to the lines.

OP
OP
C

Coachjguyer

Reaction score
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. I'm sooooo glad I didn't go into the dealer first. I would have looked like a ****. It was the lane departure warning. I turned it off and drove around and had zero "shaking". Turned it back on...there it was. Those three little shakes. I'm gonna just keep it off all the time as this thing is Wiley as it is. Thanks
For the help guys.

Eagle7222

Reaction score
Yea that threw me at first as well..complete and total "wtf" was that! Now I use it 75% of the time and love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus, it keeps you in the good habit of using your turn signals, which temporarily deactivates the lane keeping!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont have to turn it off completely. You can change it to assist only and it will do its job without the annoying vibration.