Service Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supervein

Reaction score
This morning on the way to the gym / work, the service engine light illuminated and an error message appeared on the display. After several re-starts to try and clear the light, it remains and the truck appears to be in some kind of a "limp mode" or at the very least, less than full power. The truck is driving sluggishly and I have an appointment to drop it off at the local dealership tomorrow. I've searched but found nothing about this yet on a couple forums. Hope it's not serious. FWIW, I checked the fuel filler cap to make sure that wasn't stuck as this happened on my Tundra in the past.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone should own a cheap code reader these days for CE lights. Ive seen them on Amazon for 25 bucks. Itll help confirm what the dealer says.

I dont think a maintenance light usually puts the vehicle in limp mode....

Curious though, let us know what they say.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your local AutoZone, etc will be able to pull the code for free to get you going in the right direction.

OP
OP
S

Supervein

Reaction score
So the dealer said the code was for "underboost" meaning it was making less boost than it should have. They couldn't recreate the situation as ironically, the warning light went off on the way to the dealer. How funny. Our theory is either bad gas or condensation. There have been some big temperature swings recently and it's a high humidity area.