Second update on engine disintegration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2.5 weeks into this, and have only found out that (at least) one cam is broken and there is oil in the exhaust--saw these two things with my own eyes.
Head hasn't been removed yet to find the impending valve damage.....
Looks like Ford will continue to pay dealer to continue tearing apart an engine I absolutely will not stand to have in my truck, no matter how thorough an overhaul they promise.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Maybe you could just update the original thread instead of starting a new thread all the time, keeps everything in one place. Anyone coming late to the party doesn't have the slightest idea of what the **** you are talking about in this thread.

I mean at this point maybe just use this thread and link to the other two in the OP?

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are tearing down the engine, have them yank the whole thing out and give it to ford at this point. I would not want this engine back in my truck period. Ford should give you a new one.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was mine I'd actually appreciate a little bit of humor. Humor can make a shit situation easier to deal with.

^^This^^

I can only think of a handful of situations in my life (and I've done plenty of dumb shit) that I didn't end up joking about at one point or another.

OP
OP
Reaction score
**** Update ****

As mentioned before, one of the exhaust cams broke. Interestingly, these cams are put together in more than one piece with splined inserts and the splines wore down and so part of the cam was not turning. So of course valves were hanging down banging on the pistons so all three pistons on that side, plus rods and the complete head assembly need to be replaced. Also, unburned fuel made its way to the catalytic converter and destroyed that as well.
Ford is not willing to replace the engine but has instructed the dealer to make the repairs. Obviously this does not sit well with me and so I've opened up a case with Ford customer care… more to come......

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before, one of the exhaust cams broke. Interestingly, these cams are put together in more than one piece with splined inserts and the splines wore down and so part of the cam was not turning. So of course valves were hanging down banging on the pistons so all three pistons on that side, plus rods and the complete head assembly need to be replaced. Also, unburned fuel made its way to the catalytic converter and destroyed that as well.
Ford is not willing to replace the engine but has instructed the dealer to make the repairs. Obviously this does not sit well with me and so I've opened up a case with Ford customer care… more to come......

Are they giving you another vehicle to drive while they work this out?