Scraping noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derise

Reaction score
Tried doing a search no luck. Under braking from 10mph - 0mph there’s a specific scraping noise coming from rear brakes. Had my buddy in the pickup bed to confirm it was coming from the brakes. I also had the truck slow down on its own and come to a stop with out the brakes and there was no noise. I can’t figure what’s actually making the noise but I will have no Choice but to take it to dealer. 2018 supercrew 802a with 3,308miles. Anyone else have this noise coming from rear brakes.

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You on any gravel roads, or off roading? I had it happen twice with a rock getting stuck between the heat guard and the disc on the rear brakes, the squealing was sooo damn loud

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Loaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Lift might be on to something. Rock in the caliper or along the disc can make that noise. Even under a non- braking situation, but it would be pretty constant. Not imtermitant. It’s worth a a look.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You on any gravel roads, or off roading? I had it happen twice with a rock getting stuck between the heat guard and the disc on the rear brakes, the squealing was sooo damn loud

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I'd get this on my Carrera S and it would squeal/scrape like the dickens until I removed the rock/pebble from between the backing plate and the disc...

BrettLF

Reaction score
I also have this noise.

Mine seems to be coming from the passenger rear end. I only hear it when lightly applying the brakes under 5 mph. If i lift my foot off the brake i do not hear it. It almost sounds like some swinging on a swing set back and forth that intermediate rubbing sound as if it is a warp rotor or something but no pulsating in brake pedal.

I took it to the dealer and they are trying to say this is normal " Yeh sure thing " due to the " aggressive brakes " on the Raptor and the metallic pads. They said they scuffed up the pads and it should go away but am still having this issue. Less than 3000 miles on truck.

Anybody have any clue what this might be ?

Njraptorfan

Reaction score
Have same noise but nor able to hear with radio on,notice when radio I have passengers and radio low,now it’s not doing it ,frustrating

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
common issue...rotational rear drag/scrape when braking to slow stop...stock brakes are f'n embarassing

Last edited: