SCAB to SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Who has had a SCAB & a SCREW? My 2011 was a SCAB and I loved the look and proportions of it. I was dead set on my Gen-2 being a SCAB too. Now I am seriously considering the SCREW. I have no need for the full back seat but I do like the 10 additional gallons of fuel, extra load and towing capacity. Who has made the jump from a SCAB to a SCREW? Any regrets? I know the SCREW is only 10" longer and the turning radius is less than a foot bigger.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in the Raptor (yet, ordered early March) but I've had scab F250 and currently a screw F150 and it was no contest, the F150 screw is the most functional truck cab I've ever seen. The storage and convenience of the back seat and the extended range of the 36 gallon tank made it a simple choice for me.

Muska

Reaction score
I've had 2 scab gen 1's and now I'm in a screw 17. Took a lot of convincing from friends but I did it. Only regret is once I added add f/r bumpers it doesn't fit in the garage like my gen 1s. Its fine outside and the screw gen2 feels the same if not lighter and more nimble than gen 1 scab. In short you won't regret getting the screw.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did. After my first long road trip in my scab I knew I should of gone screw.
No regrets here. The screw is much more useable for day to day travels and the extra foot of floor space makes it easier for my dog to get in / out and actually room to lay down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always owned Scabs except for my 2014 RCSB Tremor. I only have a passenger in the back seat maybe once or twice a year so I have no need for a Screw. I also prefer the look of Scab. YMMV

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did. After my first long road trip in my scab I knew I should of gone screw.
No regrets here. The screw is much more useable for day to day travels and the extra foot of floor space makes it easier for my dog to get in / out and actually room to lay down.

Were there less door rattles after switching? I've always likes the SCAB better based on looks but I feel the clam shell doors create a slew of rattles the SCREW wouldn't have.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were there less door rattles after switching? I've always likes the SCAB better based on looks but I feel the clam shell doors create a slew of rattles the SCREW wouldn't have.

When the rear door was closed correctly I never had any rattles. Not even after 75k miles.