GEN 2 Sad Raptor Day....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemkin57

Reaction score
So I was an August order...build date of 11/7. Raptor was stuck in Deerborn forever. It finally made it to my dealer in CT on 1/25. I had the shipping company scheduled for pickup on the 26th in an enclosed trailer. Come to find out it won't fit in any normal enclosed trailer (too wide). The broker had known it was a raptor for 2 weeks prior. Find a new broker from a forum recommendation (cobalt). They get someone to pick it up on the 31st. It was more expensive than they originally promised and took a little longer to pick up but they said they had two drivers and it would only take 5-6 days to get all the way to CA (had to buy in CT to get it at MSRP). My truck was supposed to get to me tomorrow (what a great Super Bowl Sunday!). I got a call today from the trucking company and the truck got in an accident. Rig was totaled. One other car in the trailer was totaled. Allegedly my raptor is fine as it was on top and in the back. Problem now is my raptor is still on that trailer in the middle of Wyoming and supposedly won't be let go until the truckers insurance pays for the tow. Looks like I am now a couple more weeks out for delivery of my baby. Drinking some bourbon now to ease the pain. Please think happy thoughts for getting my girl home finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was an August order...build date of 11/7. Raptor was stuck in Deerborn forever. It finally made it to my dealer in CT on 1/25. I had the shipping company scheduled for pickup on the 26th in an enclosed trailer. Come to find out it won't fit in any normal enclosed trailer (too wide). The broker had known it was a raptor for 2 weeks prior. Find a new broker from a forum recommendation (cobalt). They get someone to pick it up on the 31st. It was more expensive than they originally promised and took a little longer to pick up but they said they had two drivers and it would only take 5-6 days to get all the way to CA (had to buy in CT to get it at MSRP). My truck was supposed to get to me tomorrow (what a great Super Bowl Sunday!). I got a call today from the trucking company and the truck got in an accident. Rig was totaled. One other car in the trailer was totaled. Allegedly my raptor is fine as it was on top and in the back. Problem now is my raptor is still on that trailer in the middle of Wyoming and supposedly won't be let go until the truckers insurance pays for the tow. Looks like I am now a couple more weeks out for delivery of my baby. Drinking some bourbon now to ease the pain. Please think happy thoughts for getting my girl home finally.

Damn sorry to hear this... GOOD LUCK!!!

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad news for sure, but imagine if your truck was damaged! Hopefully it's as good as new and it'll be home soon.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Please think happy thoughts for getting my girl home finally"

Your giving your Raptor a girl name lol? The accident deal sucks, mine was damaged when it came in but the dealer took care of everything. Hopefully you get "your girl" home soon.
Tone

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Please think happy thoughts for getting my girl home finally"

Your giving your Raptor a girl name?
Tone

Isn't that appropriate for a ttv6???[emoji23] Yes, she can run faster than me, I know.

D-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your Pain!

I feel the pain! It's like the Gen 2's have been cursed or something. Wondering if Gen 1 owners had release, delivery and early mechanical issues?

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Did you know you can have your out of state Raptor shipped to you!!
For those that don't know, you don't have to go pick up your Raptors out of state. You are paying for a dealer destination fee already, weather you buy local or not. Dealers do what is called a Courtesy Delivery. Each dealer charges a fee. I paid $600 total for mine to have it shipped from the Ford factory to me in Arizona. Yet I ordered from a dealer in West Virginia. I would pay a lot more then $600 for flights, hotel, gas, food, time and all the miles on the truck. Food for thought since so many of us are looking out of state.

I need to start a thread on this since so many people don't know about this. :)

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn had I known this, it might have saved me some money...but it would be via rail, and would probably take a bit longer.

Sorry to hear about the accident, hope you get your ride soon.

OP
OP
H

Hemkin57

Reaction score
I asked about getting it shipped to a dealer closer to me and my dealer said it wasn't an option. In my other readings on here it seems like the dealers don't like to do it because their zone doesn't get any credit for it.

Sawdust

Reaction score
Good advice Vortex. I bought my 17' Raptor from a dealer in Arkansas and had it drop shipped to my local dealership in Michigan. The only extra I had to pay for was the tank of gas they put in it. I avoided the courtesy fee because I have my vehicles serviced there. They know they'll make it up in the future.