Rust underbody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomjones2787

Reaction score
Hey all just picked up my new 17' yesterday up in Massachusetts. I crawled under it and I see some rust.
First time inspecting the under before buying anything new, is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 127

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes.

I would gladly pay extra for manufacturers to beef up their rust prevention; however, they cater to the majority that don't care on non-critical items by saving pennies to lower cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is already several threads about this same issue, all of them have different solutions for it also. Do search and you'll see what others did. Good luck!

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out my thread. This is not bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's normal but that doesn't mean it's ok.... Mine lucky was rust free but many are having issues with it and that's not right.

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ETA is 5/27. I am showing up with LED flashlight, white hand towel (to check for oil leaks) and in clothes I don't mind crawling around on the ground in to perform an all out inspection before I even consider paper work.

There have been some others on here that have had similar rust issues and have taken steps to remedy the issues. I would advise to search for those posts.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The coating underneath is subpar and everyone's truck will eventually at least look like this unless if you do your own remediation. I myself and many others have done this.