Rust on New Vehicle Pic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikedahammer

Reaction score
I have been visiting this forum since November reading all the information and misinformation about the 2017 Raptor. I have been searching around my area (VA) for a 2017 at MSRP but cannot seem to snag a black one so I am just waiting for the hype to die down. Since I have been on the hunt I been visiting various dealer websites and I noticed a photo that showed rust on a new Raptor.

New 2017 Ford F-150 For Sale | Bedford PA

Take a look at the 12th pic or so; it shows some rusty areas underneath the truck by the shocks. Not sure if that is a pick of an old raptor or not but why would a dealership put an old pic with the 17 pics.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That rust is pretty bad.

I noticed that truck had the carbon fiber package too but the shifter was leather wrapped.

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are all like that. Maybe Ford should have painted all those unprotected surfaces?

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That rust is pretty bad.

I noticed that truck had the carbon fiber package too but the shifter was leather wrapped.

That truck doesn't have the CF package, that is what you get with the orange accent package. What ****** me off is that you have to get the orange accent package to get the brushed finish, and this wasn't disclosed anyway that I saw.
I don't love the grey plastic, because the color actually rubs off, or at least it did on my 2014. My 15 Platinum has the brush finished metal, which is much nicer. The downside of ordering early, I guess.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a 2004 lightning new, the truck was rusted so bad it was flaking off the non painted components. I turned the truck back in the next day. dealer located another one with a later build date. they all come rusted somewhat on the non painted parts. my new jeep was the same way. I sanded it and painted it with chassis paint. problem solved. did the same on the raptor. although it was not too bad from the factory.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cv shaft is not something i would consider to be a deal breaker on rust. it is technically a wear item as well. whenever you do your brakes for the first time just wire wheel them down and spray paint them. or whenever you remove them, paint them.

cstunkard

Reaction score
The longer they sit out on Ramp 59 ... the more rust they are likely to have. For those of us that have had them sitting there for months.... :mad:

Mech_eng

Reaction score
Mine had some surface rust on the undercarriage as well. I had the truck undercoated within a week of ownership since I go to the beach a lot.