Rust on Axle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here and just picked up my 2018 Raptor yesterday!! I've searched but can't find an answer to if the surface rust on the rear axle is normal? Seems crazy for a $70K truck!! For some reason picture loads upside down even after flipping and saving...

Attachments

• IMG_6913.jpg
    IMG_6913.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 133

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, normal for me. I use Amsoil MP HD and spray every once in a awhile. Gonna use some rust converter and repaint this summer.

Reaction score
It's purely cosmetic and shouldn't hurt anything. That said...geez! I've never seen a new truck that bad. Shoot, most of the 10-year-old used trucks we get in at work aren't that rusty.

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the truck for a year and 8k miles and mine doesn’t look like that

Last edited:

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with some rust too but what worried me the most was the corrosion on the aluminum skid plates. I painted all the rust I could fine but I finally got my dealer to replace two skid plates. They were too corroded to repair. Not sure why. My 2018 Scab has less than 200 miles on it now. It was built on 2/8/18. I guess it was driven on salt roads in Dearborn but only had 8 miles when I picked it up.