GEN 2 Rpm cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed a couple times now in pics guys have posted that some rpm clusters on their 2017 raptors are different than others. Anyone else notice this?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you own a Raptor? I ask because if you did you'd know there are different display modes which is what I assume you're talking about.

OP
OP
Sharkus29

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you own a Raptor? I ask because if you did you'd know there are different display modes which is what I assume you're talking about.

I sold my 2014 and am currently waiting for my 2018. Are the rpm gauges changeable in the new trucks? It didn’t look like they were to me. They didn’t look digital

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

36a2e47a46a3a75856430d803ae887b8.jpg

835007688e973eda8e2a0e5db90160f9.jpg

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The top display has digitally rendered secondary gauges, and the last gauge (turbo gauge) can be changed to a transmission temp gauge if so desired. I have this on my 2017 Super Duty but the more basic display on my base-level 2018 Raptor. The Super Duty has a third gauge choice, DEF remaining.

What's cool with the 8" gauge version is that when your engine coolant (or transmission temp, if that gauge is up) begin to get hot towards overheating, the actual exact temp will display in yellow above that gauge. When either actually overheat, that number will turn to red. Use of FORScan can allow you to turn on these "exact" readings above the gauge at all times.

You can also buy this fancy cluster and have your mileage reprogrammed by the dealer. Ford parts would probably be around $700 + labor, but someone on the Super Duty forum got one from a salvage yard for $160.

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers are actually not selling the clusters yet. Tried to order one a few months ago and said part wasn't available unless for warranty replacement.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers are actually not selling the clusters yet. Tried to order one a few months ago and said part wasn't available unless for warranty replacement.

Although the LCD displays are certainly universal and can display the appropriate screens for a Raptor / Super Duty / F-150, the speedometer and tachometer are going to be different between a Raptor, F-150, and diesel truck. So probably the part numbers are limited...

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On post 3 above, top 802a pic, the upper right gauge can be either a boost gauge or trans temp (?). I toggles it once but can't get it to go back, recall how? Thanks