GEN 2 Rough shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDog

Reaction score
I have a Raptor with 200 miles on it. In normal mode, driving it, well, normal, shift is smooth as butter. In sport mode, kinda getting it after it a bit, it shifts pretty rough. (And hauls ass I might add). In the manual it says hard shifts are normal early on until the tranny automatically adjusts. Anyone else experience hard shifts? Anyone else experience them initially and then they went away?

Second, I can lock out gears sequentially, like 10, 9, and 8. But can you lock out intermediate gears? I.e. Make it go from 6 to 8 to 10? Manual mode is pretty damn sweet. Fast, fast, fast. I literally can't drive this thing slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Raptor with 200 miles on it. In normal mode, driving it, well, normal, shift is smooth as butter. In sport mode, kinda getting it after it a bit, it shifts pretty rough. (And hauls ass I might add). In the manual it says hard shifts are normal early on until the tranny automatically adjusts. Anyone else experience hard shifts? Anyone else experience them initially and then they went away?

Second, I can lock out gears sequentially, like 10, 9, and 8. But can you lock out intermediate gears? I.e. Make it go from 6 to 8 to 10? Manual mode is pretty damn sweet. Fast, fast, fast. I literally can't drive this thing slowly.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/shifting-issues-1st-2nd-sport-mode-51840/

OP
OP
J

JDog

Reaction score
In terms of transmission life, firm shifts are better than soft.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Interesting. It's firm but not slamming into gear. And again, in normal mode it's not noticeable.

Turgenius

Reaction score
I've noticed the same, especially town driving or slower speeds. Seems to be the same in all modes (except weather). I'm actually at the dealer now for a BLIS fault warning and having them take a look. I dont expect a huge issue but figured I have the warranty so why not make sure it's right. I'll post if they find anything...