Reverting FORScan Items for Dealer Visit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Taking my truck into the dealer for a little paint touch-up in a couple weeks and was curious if I need to change my truck back to how it was delivered before changing some things with FORScan. I haven't done anything too crazy but wasn't sure how they look at this (or if they would even notice) during a normal visit.

Didn't know IF they saw it if they could somehow void the warranty right there for good or if they even said anything if I could always change it back should I need warranty work on something more noticeable such as the Auto On/Off which I have disabled.

Like I said it's for paint but didn't want whoever did the work to notice something and for them to dig deeper and realize I have changed things.

Just don't want to get 'busted'

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I'd put it back to be safe! Never could be to careful and it's a simple process.... just my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The paint guy could give a **** about looking into the BCM or any of that shit. What the ****, Forscan changes caused my paint chips? The paint guy doesn't know or care about the as built.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought my truck in for an oil leak....diagnosed then back a couple weeks later for a fix that took 2 days....

I did not revert back and did not think for a second it would be an issue....as TheJoker said, they are not the FBI

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have not really modified anything....only enabled features already created by Ford.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my wastegate actuator replaced under warranty and they could have cared less about the changes I made with Forscan. Like others have said. It isn't modifying the truck, just enabling/disabling option that are in the code from Ford already.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys... didn't think it would be an issue but would hate to find out the hard way.

Anyone had issues with Pedal Commanders? To a sales guy it looks like some sort of programmer.