reverse gear pulsing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not sure if it's just me but if you put the truck in reverse and barely give it gas it seems to pulse/surge instead of a steady movement...

anyone else notice this?

note- doesn't happen if you give it decent gas, just let the engine do it's own power or lightly give gas...

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not experienced any surging, but I hate how the truck won't go by itself by just taking the foot off the brake when in reverse. I have to give it slight throttle to go back. Every other automatic vehicle I have owned has gone slowly when you just release the brake without having to give it gas.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not experienced any surging, but I hate how the truck won't go by itself by just taking the foot off the brake when in reverse. I have to give it slight throttle to go back. Every other automatic vehicle I have owned has gone slowly when you just release the brake without having to give it gas.

this is similar to what I'm referring to - the truck doesn't seem to 'go' when in reverse it seems to want to move but feels like it's not fully engaged