Returned bakflip f1 for this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my last Raptor had a Retrax Pro in it , and I liked it, although I was not a fan of the gloss finish or the manual lock. This time I wanted something different so I ordered a Bakflip f1 and a Bakbox. When the parts came in I really started to consider what I just bought. The plastic connections, the manual flipping, blocking the windows....And the cheap lock bar at the end..I also didn't like that you can use a coathanger to open it in less than 5 seconds..

So buyers remorse I returned it and I ordered a Retrax Powertrax Mx pro. It's a bit more money but wow they have put some effort into making the right changes to it.

Has anyone installed one of these? Any tips?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$2183 including shipping.

The manual lock is what killed me on the retrax. Just looked like a poor after thought that killed the entire look.
I was concerned about the power and the motor off road. So I went with a truck covers usa cover. Interesting to see how the retrax power holds up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The manual lock is what killed me on the retrax. Just looked like a poor after thought that killed the entire look.
I was concerned about the power and the motor off road. So I went with a truck covers usa cover. Interesting to see how the retrax power holds up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the manual lock sucked, but the entire thing was strong and held up well. It also didn't vibrate or make annoying road noises. I had to adjust it after a few years but I ran it since 2011 with zero issues.

Electric looks slick, we will see.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's awesome. Just installed works really well.