Retrax pro MX noise - myth or truth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
IDontDoUrban

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only ordered it from Amazon because it was listed for $1530 at the time. When it arrived, there was only one box containing only the cover, no mounting rails. Here's what happened next:

1. I called Amazon and they said that UPS had both boxes, even though there was only one tracking number.
2. I called UPS, they said they only picked up one box from Amazon and that if there was a second box, there would have been a second tracking number.
3. I called Amazon again and they said that I had to wait for 48 hours to see if the second box would arrive.
4. I waited 48 hours and called Amazon again. They ordered me a second unit with the instructions that I would keep the second box from the second order and return the extra box.
5. UPS showed up a few days later with only one box, the same one I already had. I refused the shipment.
6. I called Amazon back, this time with photo evidence from the install manual that proved there were supposed to be two boxes. Amazon said there was nothing they could do except have me return the original shipment and refund my money.
7. I hauled the original box to the UPS store and shipped it back.
8. Four days later, both the refused shipment and the return showed as delivered to Amazon, but no refund. Amazon site said refund can take up to 7 days.
9. Seven days later, still no refund. Called Amazon, rep reviewed my previous calls and issued the refund immediately.

So yeah, I hope you have better luck than I did.

Well Lasercat...it's happening to me too. The Retrax was due to land on my doorstep today from Amazon and I just received a UPS notice saying "your package will not arrive today. It has been delayed." No update yet on when/if it will arrive. Crap. I need it for a trip mid next week.

Update: Order through Amazon cancelled. Neither Amazon Services (Retrax distributor) or UPS could figure where my shipment is...2 days after guaranteed delivery date. DO NOT BUY a Retrax Pro MX cover via Amazon. Worse, Retrax is aware there have been several issues purchasing through Amazon. Yet they still allow new customers to get pissed off when the delivery doesn't happen. It's affecting our family trip next week, but that's a personal problem. I just want to warn others, as @Lasercat did for me. Unfortunately I had no choice but to try due to time constraints.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well Lasercat...it's happening to me too. The Retrax was due to land on my doorstep today from Amazon and I just received a UPS notice saying "your package will not arrive today. It has been delayed." No update yet on when/if it will arrive. Crap. I need it for a trip mid next week.

We've got them in stock and can get them to you fairly quickly and can also explore options for expedited shipping if needed.

Please let me know if we can help.