Retrax covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wdh777

Reaction score
Retrax covers vs ford vs bak

What do you guys think about retrax bed covers? Are they relatively waterproof? Want a hard cover and one as waterproof as possible. Any other brands I should be looking at? Does the ford brand three piece cover lock and unlock with the general car key vs needing another key? Also some of these use drain hoses but how does that work with a spray in bed liner that doesn’t have holes?

Last edited:

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is fairly water tight, the tailgate area allows a little water in, some members have reported the same issues when washing their trucks or using the car wash. as far as I can tell that's the only area it leaks, i live in so cal so it doesn't rain very often as is lol.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's fairly water tight. My only real issue was when a drain came loose during a rainstorm. I got some luggage wet, but it still wasn't terrible. In general, even in a car wash it stays fairly dry. I recommend a little sealant where the drains clip in since the little plastic clips aren't the best over time.

OP
OP
W

Wdh777

Reaction score
How is the ford branded 3 piece hard cover? Also some of these come with drain hoses but if you have a spray in bed liner there are not holes to feed the hoses though?

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the ford branded 3 piece hard cover? Also some of these come with drain hoses but if you have a spray in bed liner there are not holes to feed the hoses though?

there's plugs at the end of the bed closest to the cab, I have a spray liner and I just popped those off and drilled the hole, popped them back in. be careful though the clips are pretty easy to break, I had one clip on each side break but they still hold/attach to the bed.