Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Retrax and Aux switch

This is a discussion on Retrax and Aux switch within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Hi all, Is there a way to operate the Retrax power covers with the Aux Switches inside the truck? I've ...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2018, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Retrax and Aux switch
Hi all,

Is there a way to operate the Retrax power covers with the Aux Switches inside the truck? I've been looking everywhere and can't find the answers I need. I found a wiring solution for some antennas (which was great), but still not enough info regarding these covers.

Is there another brand of power cover that is friendly to be wired to the aux switches?

Thanks!

CostaRicaRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default switches
switches will control anything you wish, u need the amp draw from retrax motor. Some swithes are up to 20 amp max. Any more than that and put a relay in to carry the load. Any reputible shop should be to wire.
cain072567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Probably not.

You can definitely use the aux switches to switch the power supply to the retrax, but you would still need to open/close the cover using the fob that comes with it... unless you want to replace the electronics inside the cover, which would require some pretty serious electronics skills, and would certainly void the warranty.
Lasercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

We have controlled them from the Fob. You dont need to replace the electronics in the cover.

It wasnt easy. If I recall we tapped into the module that receives the signal from the fob and triggers the cover to open and close.

2017 F150 With Mid Travel and King 3.0 coilovers/bypasses. SVC Bypass rack/King bumps/Deavers/shackles.
trophycummins is offline   Reply With Quote