Reptar is finally here!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Well I finally took delivery of my Raptor yesterday. Been waiting over two years for the "new raptor" and I was amped when it was finally released. So anyways, she's finally here! I got right to it and threw on some wheels and tires, stubby antenna, and some Weathertech mud flaps f/r

Tomorrow I'm doing Suntek Ultra, tinting the front windshield, front windows, and putting a couple Rappy stickers on some of the emblems

I've been very anxious to get my hands on this truck to see what I thought about the brakes, sound, interior, ride quality, etc as I've been doing a ton of research on nearly every aspect. So I'll do a little synopsis. A little background first, I've mostly owned sports cars (Supras, Evos, GTR), but had a Tacoma years ago and have had my 2011 Ram 2500 CTD 6 speed as my daily for the past 4 years. It's fully deleted with full bolt ons and a tune so it's pretty quick. Making around 500hp and 900tq iirc. So here we go:

Speed/performance: I'm driving it like a princess for the first 500 miles so I can't comment on this yet. Hoping it's faster than my CTD. Will update soon

Ride quality: Ride is very nice. I was actually expecting it to be slightly softer but it's still much better than my very stiff CTD. I hit a big roller/speed bump at about 40mph and it went over it like butter. And I love how small this truck feels. Feels like a Tacoma compared to my 2500. I find it funny all these people commenting about how big the truck is. To me it's smaller than I'm used to and a lot more nimble

Brakes: Okay here's where it gets interesting. From all the people on here saying that the brakes were horrible and needed to be upgraded, I was anticipating them to be awful. I even started researching BBK's. BUT, the brakes feel fine. They're not amazing, but they're far from dogshit. They're about on par with my CTD. They're a little soft, but when you need to stop on a dime, if you give it the stomp down, the thing stops. So I was very happy about being able to leave the brakes alone.

Appearance: This thing looks even better in person. It has exceeded all my expectations. Especially the color. I went from wanting white, to black, to avalanche. I decided on silver and I couldn't be happier. I've never seen an Ingot outside of online. And with the new wheels, this thing looks insane. Best looking, most aggressive looking truck by far imo

Interior: Love the interior. Coming from a 2011 ST with no Bluetooth or leather, this is a huge upgrade for me. I also like how it comes with the rubber "weather tech-like" floor mats. Glad I didn't order the WT's because these seem like they'll do just fine. Love the steering wheel and the giant center console, the little blue lights everywhere, and really dig the seats. The infotainment system is pretty awesome as well. As far as the paddle shifters, they seem 'blah' as of now, but again I haven't been able to get on it much so hoping they'll be more fun then

(EDIT) Stereo: Forgot to touch on this! I'm actually pleased with the Sony stereo. I've been hearing all these bad things. And the one time I was at a dealership and sat in a Rap, the stereo did sound distorted and cheap. Idk if it was just because they had the radio playing or what, but it must have been. I have the 802a. Considering adding a single 10" woofer for a little more low end but that's about it. This is another thing I was pleasantly surprised with on this beast!

Exhaust note: Honestly, the sound doesn't bother me. I've had SO many loud cars, with open dump, catless, deleted, etc etc. It's actually quite nice having such a quiet comfortable ride. I think it sounds best at idle. Even in all the aftermarket exhaust clips I've heard too. Then they get a bit raspy at wot which I do not like. And I feel the stock doesn't have that rasp. I may end up doing a mild catback, maybe FP, or some type of muffler upgrade, but for now I'm perfectly fine with it. Everything else is so awesome with this truck, that the the fact that it doesn't sound amazing just gets overshadowed.

Oh and here are my current and soon to come mods for anyone who's curious:
- Fuel Trophy 18x9+1 w/Toyo MT 35x12.5x18 (I do rub on less than full lock. I believe it's on the flaps. Doing RPG 1.5's soon)
- WT mud flaps (Love these. Look factory and install in less than 30 seconds a piece. I do think I'll add some 3M tape to them soon though for more security. Only have two screws each. I just reused the factory ones)
- Stubby antenna
- RPG 1.5" collars soon to be installed
- Rigid Amber Radiance Cubes w/N Fab bracket
- Bedline rear wheel wells
- Suntek Ultra on front half and lower door/ rocker area
- Maybe some other cool shit

Here are some pics I took today. Going to have a photo shoot day up on Mt. Lemmon at some point (That's in Tucson for ya'll that don't know)

IMG_4707.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

IMG_4767.png

FullSizeRender_3.jpg

IMG_4752_1.jpg

Last edited:

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even better yet, after using this line to welcome new members, one loved it so much he decided to use it as his name!

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
^ I hope not because I would like to think I'm creative lol. And I'm ordering that as my custom plates

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ I hope not because I would like to think I'm creative lol. And I'm ordering that as my custom plates

You may be creative but you're not original...

I was right - REPTAR is/was a member from New Jersey:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/reptar-has-arrived-159-days-waiting-over-10796/index2.html

He joined in 2010...http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/reptar/

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score