Reported Raptor Movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, take it for what it's worth, simply a report of Raptor's on a Car Carrier rolling South down I-57 in Champaign IL.

I know, I know, without pictures it didn't happen, so then you'll just have to take this as yet another unsubstantiated rumor. Who knows, maybe it is.

Brother-In-Law is a professional truck driver. He just called me to report that he'd passed a car carrier loaded with 3 2017 F-150's, one of which was a Raptor.

He's a life long car guy who should be damn familiar with the 2017 Raptor looks, as I've been feeding him pictures and data on the damn thing almost daily for the past 3 months <lol>.

I can only Pray that he's right. If he is, we'll all be happy sooner rather than later. If he's wrong, then the status quo continues to prevail and nobody wins.

Here's to hoping.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, take it for what it's worth, simply a report of Raptor's on a Car Carrier rolling South down I-57 in Champaign IL.

I know, I know, without pictures it didn't happen, so then you'll just have to take this as yet another unsubstantiated rumor. Who knows, maybe it is.

Brother-In-Law is a professional truck driver. He just called me to report that he'd passed a car carrier loaded with 3 2017 F-150's, one of which was a Raptor.

He's a life long car guy who should be damn familiar with the 2017 Raptor looks, as I've been feeding him pictures and data on the damn thing almost daily for the past 3 months <lol>.

I can only Pray that he's right. If he is, we'll all be happy sooner rather than later. If he's wrong, then the status quo continues to prevail and nobody wins.

Here's to hoping.
s-closed-while-standing-against-white--Stock-Photo.jpg

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly with all of the preproduction Raptors running around out there I'm not holding much hope that these are actually customer units.

OP
OP
StrikerHawk

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ask whether or not they had window stickers?

Brother-In-Law can not confirm Window Stickers, but after I called him back with your question, he was able to get the Car Carrier driver on the CB and that driver did confirm he was loaded with '17s. He wouldn't provide any other data though, such as to where he was heading, etc. Damn.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Honestly with all of the preproduction Raptors running around out there I'm not holding much hope that these are actually customer units.
You could be absolutely correct Darin.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the GM of my dealer today:

"There is a hold on them. Expected ETA release 12/21."

Now that being said, so far my dealer has had no better success predicting a date than anyone else.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor updates are cool but until a consumer gets an update that the truck has shipped and on the move I wont believe it. Loosing hope for a 2016 delivery.

I agree with the first part but I think we may see them in consumer hands before the end of the year.

I did my daily dealer locator search and still no stock Raptors without spray liner showing as transit.

Dredlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the first part but I think we may see them in consumer hands before the end of the year.

I did my daily dealer locator search and still no stock Raptors without spray liner showing as transit.

Thanks for keeping us informed.