Report: 2019 F-150 Raptor To Receive Ford’s New 7.0L DOHC V8 Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By 2020, the technology will be even more advanced and the thought of a V8 gasser will be a thing of the past. Us old dudes equate power to V8, the young'ins never knew what a MOPAR 426 was capable of or how you could modify a 351 Cleveland to run Nascar and learn by listening to us reminisce of the old days. If we are all looking for horsepower, then we go by technology to guide us.
Yea, the horse was great in the day...lol.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know, I'd be delighted to hear that Ford would simply reengineer the 6.2L with direct injection and mate it to the new transmission. They don't have to go bigger for me because there is absolutely nothing wrong or lacking in the 6.2L power plant. Just update it and it'll sell like hotcakes. (And a retrofit kit would sell, too!)

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed that people are still complaining about this engine. Other than the lack of V8 sound, this 3.5 makes the 6.2 look silly. Step on the gas on Sport Mode and the truck takes off! Torque hits early, and the truck flies...why all the complaining?
If gas hits $4 a gallon again and they put a supercharged 800hp 7.0 liter motor in this truck, sales will drop like a rock if it get's 6 mpg....
For me, I'm happy with my fake sound in the speakers, my twin turbo whine, and a Raptor that to me is better in every way than my 2013 was, even if it is 2.7 liters smaller in displacement.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I'm amazed that people are still complaining about this engine. Other than the lack of V8 sound, this 3.5 makes the 6.2 look silly. Step on the gas on Sport Mode and the truck takes off! Torque hits early, and the truck flies...why all the complaining?
If gas hits $4 a gallon again and they put a supercharged 800hp 7.0 liter motor in this truck, sales will drop like a rock if it get's 6 mpg....
For me, I'm happy with my fake sound in the speakers, my twin turbo whine, and a Raptor that to me is better in every way than my 2013 was, even if it is 2.7 liters smaller in displacement.

You are right, but leave out one important point... longevity/reliability. The gen1 ecoboost has VERY sketchy reliability and this gen2 version has the exact same inherent design issues.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right, but leave out one important point... longevity/reliability. The gen1 ecoboost has VERY sketchy reliability and this gen2 version has the exact same inherent design issues.

Well i drove my sketchy gen1 eb 3.5 for 110k without a single issue. I mean single! Religiously done maintenance pays off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Everyone has at a minimum 3/36k warranty. Almost everyone else bought the extended warranty. I usually keep mine less than 3 years, so I guess only time will tell....

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i drove my sketchy gen1 eb 3.5 for 110k without a single issue. I mean single! Religiously done maintenance pays off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish that was my experience. My 2011 had it's engine replaced at 90k miles from a bad Piston Skirt - luckily covered under my ESP Warranty ($50 Deductible). And my Ignition cylinder and fuel pump relay just replaced recently at 110k miles - no warranty and $1000 later. That's why i'm in this Raptor now, can't handle all these expensive repairs for a truck with such low miles and no warranty.

I'm hopeful these next Gen Ecoboost engines will hold up better. Mine was the first year they were produced.

Last edited: