Report: 2019 F-150 Raptor To Receive Ford’s New 7.0L DOHC V8 Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

I hate to break it to you, but Ford cares more about getting more people buying Raptors and highlighting its V6 technology. I would be SHOCKED if Ford began offering a V8 in the Raptor anytime soon as they would be pretty much saying V8 > V6 and that is not their current business model.

If you need a V8, get a F150 and build it up, that will happen a lot sooner than Ford adding a V8 to the Raptor line up.

I agree 100%. Ford would be conceding that a V8 is better than a V6. It simply looks bad from a marketing point of view. Lol I will not complain if they do because a 7.0 V8 would sound a hundred times better than the lame pumped in noise from the V6. If Ford goes the 7.0 V8 route, then it is truly a mic drop moment. No manufacture can compete with that. The Raptor would be untouchable even though it already is untouchable :)

By the way, @paulny God bless you man! I appreciate your service and the sacrifices that you have made for our country. None of us would be where we are at today if we did not have men and women who choose to serve this country. Many of our service people will never have the privilege of owning or even driving a raptor. So be thankful for what you have!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but Ford cares more about getting more people buying Raptors and highlighting its V6 technology. I would be SHOCKED if Ford began offering a V8 in the Raptor anytime soon as they would be pretty much saying V8 > V6 and that is not their current business model.

If you need a V8, get a F150 and build it up, that will happen a lot sooner than Ford adding a V8 to the Raptor line up.

First of all, who NEEDS a Raptor? LOL. Who wants a V8 in one? Everyone. Even the guys that think the V6 is awesome think it would be so much better with a V8. Who wouldn’t want a TTV8 over the TTV6?

Be honest now.....

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, who NEEDS a Raptor? LOL. Who wants a V8 in one? Everyone. Even the guys that think the V6 is awesome think it would be so much better with a V8. Who wouldn’t want a TTV8 over the TTV6?

Be honest now.....

I was stating that FORD will not bring a V8 to the Raptor line. Would I rather have a big snorting V8? YES. TTV8? Meh, i would rather SC it again like my '14. Either way, it is highly unlikely you will ever see a V8 in a Raptor again unless Ford changes their marketing model for trucks.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my first ecoboost engine. Do i miss the 5.0 v8, yes. The last one was a reg cab 4x4 and it had some nice get and go. I know my raptor is a totally different beast, so can not compare apples to apples here. I would entertain a v8 raptor when Im ready for my next truck. Time will tell what ford does.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Be honest now.....

Nope. Ecoboost now, Ecoboost forever.
Or at least until someone comes up with an external combustion conversion.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Be honest now.....

But the factory option (if this were to happen) would be a NA7.0 versus a TT3.5. We would really have to look at how that 7.0 performs before we can say that the V8 is what everyone wants. If the power is the same as the 3.5 but it gets worst gas mileage then what is the benefit besides it sounding better? My current 2015 ecoboost is a great engine, my second favorite in any vehicle I’ve owned behind the TT 4.6 I had in my M6. I’ve had several NA V8s in the past that could not hold a candle performance wise to my current ecoboost.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the factory option (if this were to happen) would be a NA7.0 versus a TT3.5. We would really have to look at how that 7.0 performs before we can say that the V8 is what everyone wants. If the power is the same as the 3.5 but it gets worst gas mileage then what is the benefit besides it sounding better? My current 2015 ecoboost is a great engine, my second favorite in any vehicle I’ve owned behind the TT 4.6 I had in my M6. I’ve had several NA V8s in the past that could not hold a candle performance wise to my current ecoboost.

Oh, I would so buy the 7.0 liter and supercharge that b*tch. There is no replacement for displacement. If you can TT a V6 to higher performance, you can TT a V8 to even higher performance. That said, I made the choice to own an '18 and 95% of the time it is vastly superior to my '14, except on lovely noise my '14 made. All in all, it is a personal choice on what you want.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I would so buy the 7.0 liter and supercharge that b*tch. There is no replacement for displacement. If you can TT a V6 to higher performance, you can TT a V8 to even higher performance. That said, I made the choice to own an '18 and 95% of the time it is vastly superior to my '14, except on lovely noise my '14 made. All in all, it is a personal choice on what you want.

You are 100% correct on that point. Anyone who buys a Raptor and is willing to mod the engine will be much happier with a V8 than the V6. There is no comparison there really. I’m just looking at it from a stock to stock comparison TTV6 versus 7.0NA V8. I never really do any upgrades to my cars mostly because I’m horrible about keeping anything over 2-3 years and it seems like you never get your money back on any type of engine mod (you may even lose value compared to stock).

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Weight is also a factor. V6TT is 100 lbs lighter than the old 6.2L. Maybe the new 7.0L will be lighter than the 6.2L, but any additional weight up front will affect the suspension and shifting the weight balance forward will make the rear end even more squirrelly than it already is.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I, based on personal experience, would not trust another high strung ford v8. I had tons of issues with my 2016 gt350, including motor and trans issues.

The 17 R that replaced it is much better, but oversights, like not including trans and rear coolers in every one of the cars from the get-go makes me nervous. My R sits in my garage the majority of the time. It does get a monthly half day at my home track.

I bought my raptor because I had a really great experience with my 2011 f150 w/ an EcoBoost. I like this truck just the way it is, motor-wise.

net/net, it isn't how much horsepower you have, it is how well you can carry it, whether on the racetrack or in the desert. My upgrades will be in the suspension department. I dont plan to even tune it. About the only reason that i'd change the exhaust would be to go to dumps when i decide to change out the rear bumper and don't want to smack the tail pipes constantly. ( or if I lose my mind, and decide to back half it.)