GEN 2 Remove your locks or lose you stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my truck broken into last night. Looks like the thief grabbed the lock cylinder with vise grips and spun the lock. Saw another raptor that had the same thing happen to him so he replaced the back plate of the handle with the drivers rear plate. Now there's no lock to turn or punch. Do the mod before it's too late.

09b565bc6c91c86d98866195d8349c1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Corey's mod.
10462f525927d643f08e6d94e9052b2f.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get in when your battery dies in the truck?

Well, the same way AAA or any tow company gets into vehicles with keys locked in it, with a pump wedge.

Somebody suggested auxiliary leads mounted behind the bumper incase the battery dies.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the same way AAA or any tow company gets into vehicles with keys locked in it, with a pump wedge.

Somebody suggested auxiliary leads mounted behind the bumper incase the battery dies.

Yeah, I figured that. I've been the victim of theft as well, it sucks! I would probably do the same thing, I know some others wouldn't as some aren't born with common sense and would probably get it towed to ford if the key fob didn't work, lol

OP
OP
F

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured that. I've been the victim of theft as well, it sucks! I would probably do the same thing, I know some others wouldn't as some aren't born with common sense and would probably get it towed to ford if the key fob didn't work, lol

Yea it sucks. They stole my Glock that was unsecured, but I'm lucky that's all they took. Had a 2k laptop, both kids ipads, and 2 other guns. Need to invest in a console vault/safe.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it sucks. Need to invest in a console vault/safe.

Get a Lock'r Down safe. I have one and it is awesome. Nice wide opening, all the console room available, and secure (as secure can be I suppose)

But I have had one in all my trucks, and IMHO it is a much better safe than the competition.

Sorry about your truck and loss...

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one come into the dealer last week for a similar ordeal. Was he able to just order the plate or the entire handle asy and then had it painted/installed

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was broken into but in a different manner. Looks like they hit the front passenger door glass with something sharp that broke that glass, but it's safety glass like the windshield and it didn't shatter. Then they hit the rear door glass which is tempered glass and it shattered into a million little pieces. This is probably faster than messing with locks.

All they got was a backpack with gym clothes, though they did unload the center console of all my junk. Now I never leave anything visible inside the truck. Still no guarantees, of course, that no one will screw with your truck.

Sorry, OP, about your truck. I know how you feel.