Remove 64D and get scheduled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohiodish

Reaction score
Just got a call from the Sales Manager at the dealer I am buying my truck from. He said he got an email from the Cincinnati Ford Rep saying they are trying to schedule my truck to be built but there is a problem and option 64D needs to be removed. This of course is the Beadlock capable black wheel option that I wanted.
I know this has been talked about many times on here and the Carbon Fiber option but this is the first time Ford has reached out to say pull this code and we will build it. (To me at least) I had been in contact on FB with Ford Customer care and I had asked this directly with no real answer back. So at least I got contacted and told we have a shortage, cancel and well build it.

I might go aftermarket, but first will powder coat the OEM wheels and see if I can just do that and see if I like that look. I am not crazy over the 64D wheels but I like the color, so buying them from Ebay or whatever is not something I would do. I don't like them that much & I will never buy the rings to go full beadlock so that does not matter to me.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least you got a call, I didn't. The dealer just removed then. When I found out after I got my window sticker I called the deahe said if I want them he would have to reorder my truck. No beadlocks for me.Ordered in September, still waiting, but eta is that week.
This week

MWoods26

Reaction score
What dealer in Cincy? I ordered mine from Kings Ford back November 9th. Removed the beadlocks 2 weeks ago and still unscheduled clean.

OP
OP
O

Ohiodish

Reaction score
What dealer in Cincy? I ordered mine from Kings Ford back November 9th. Removed the beadlocks 2 weeks ago and still unscheduled clean.
The dealer is Moses Ford in St Albans WV (Close to Charleston) I guess the Cincy Rep is who they work with?... He sent the email and was contacted from a lady at Ford trying to set up the build.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from the Sales Manager at the dealer I am buying my truck from. He said he got an email from the Cincinnati Ford Rep saying they are trying to schedule my truck to be built but there is a problem and option 64D needs to be removed. This of course is the Beadlock capable black wheel option that I wanted.
I know this has been talked about many times on here and the Carbon Fiber option but this is the first time Ford has reached out to say pull this code and we will build it. (To me at least) I had been in contact on FB with Ford Customer care and I had asked this directly with no real answer back. So at least I got contacted and told we have a shortage, cancel and well build it.

I might go aftermarket, but first will powder coat the OEM wheels and see if I can just do that and see if I like that look. I am not crazy over the 64D wheels but I like the color, so buying them from Ebay or whatever is not something I would do. I don't like them that much & I will never buy the rings to go full beadlock so that does not matter to me.

Very interesting the amount of confusion within the dealer network, and beyond. I have long since run these beadlock issues by my dealer, and in turn, he remains steadfast in saying, "No, no shortages on the forged wheels, only the carbon fiber." I did find it also intriguing that their first unit that arrived, last Friday, was in fact equipped with "option 64D". I remain neutral in my perception about what is ultimately occurring with my order's apparent delay. Whatever it is, I have never waited this long for a vehicle order (July 30th), and I've ordered a few vehicles in my days...

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local dealer has an incoming truck with the 64D wheels that has been "locked into production" and is scheduled to be built on Feb. 4th. "Locked into production" means that all of the parts needed to build the truck are on-site. Just FYI.............

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned in a couple other threads, dealer called me last Friday (1/27) and said that if I didn't remove the bead locks my order would be delayed by a few months. Hopefully this gets me scheduled within the next week or two. Original order 9/15. So frustrating that Ford doesn't have inventory on something as basic as the optional off road wheel- for a Raptor!!! Hello! Aftermarket is a little tricky getting something that looks good and doesn't screw up functionality. Anyway, good luck!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is just my 2 cents. Being unscheduled clean means there are no material holds. If there was no items available it would be "material hold"
I think what's going on is that ford under estimated the amount of orders with optional equipment and since there are lead times, trucks are not being scheduled based off priority and materials available.
I know the company that is producing the carbon fiber. They came to my company for support originally and as of last week. They have not been requested to increase production. As their new machine PO's are awaiting a production increase request from
Ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Ohiodish

Reaction score
A local dealer has an incoming truck with the 64D wheels that has been "locked into production" and is scheduled to be built on Feb. 4th. "Locked into production" means that all of the parts needed to build the truck are on-site. Just FYI.............
I hear what your saying and I see new trucks getting delivered everyday with the wheels & carbon fiber, but my truck was to be built do to a mess up on 2 other trucks the dealership had. This dealer told me they were allocated my build because of the problems they had previously and they were told it would be expedited due to the problems they went through. So Ford gave them an additional allocation and they could not schedule the build do to the 64D shortage. So will more wheels be available later? YES Are there trucks with Vins and build dates getting wheels? YES Right now they can not set up my build with the 64D code (or carbon fiber). Said he would send me the email from the rep if I wanted it. I told him I didn't need it. He had to have this changed by midnight and I hope Thursday I will have good news. Now if nothing changes this Thursday or next I might ask for the email.