Removal of front license bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamfromTX

Reaction score
I know the holes are there, I'm trying to plug them after I remove the plate that the dealer riveted in place, not sure what to plug them with after removing the rivets. I guess I can use some metal epoxy but it may end up being messy.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I used to buy rubber and plastic plugs when I took the wing off my sti.... always found them online. My cars weren't black either so I bought a paint stick from the dealer and paint matched them so they didn't stick out and annoy me.

SamfromTX

Reaction score
I used to buy rubber and plastic plugs when I took the wing off my sti.... always found them online. My cars weren't black either so I bought a paint stick from the dealer and paint matched them so they didn't stick out and annoy me.

Good idea, and simple. Thanks.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is everyone's lic. plate bracket the same? Mine seems to be held in place by two small metal discs and they don't want to pull out. I just thought I'd double check here before drilling them out. Also, I seem to recall seeing a post somewhere about Lowe's or Home Depot selling some black colored plugs that will pop into the remaining holes after the bracket is removed, but I can't find the post now. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone had removed their bracket yet and how they completed the task.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is everyone's lic. plate bracket the same? Mine seems to be held in place by two small metal discs and they don't want to pull out. I just thought I'd double check here before drilling them out. Also, I seem to recall seeing a post somewhere about Lowe's or Home Depot selling some black colored plugs that will pop into the remaining holes after the bracket is removed, but I can't find the post now. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone had removed their bracket yet and how they completed the task.

Every bracket is the same. They ship from the factory with the bracket in the truck but not installed and it has two black pop rivets that hold it on. If you wan to remove it, you need to drill out the rivets.