Removal of front license bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front license bracket was installed by my dealer and we are not required to have them in AZ. With it being riveted in what is the best way to remove? Will I have to drill it out?

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plasma ideally ~ for the fun factor alone. May do a number on the bumper though ....

I'd either drill it or grind it, then plug it.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front license bracket was installed by my dealer and we are not required to have them in AZ. With it being riveted in what is the best way to remove? Will I have to drill it out?

Ask the dealer to take the front bracket off. That way any f-ups will be the responsibility of the service department. It'll take them five minutes.

If you do it yourself, use progressively larger (sharp) bits until you've loosened the head from the shaft. It'll either come out right then or you can finish the job with an appropriately sized punch.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked my dealer not to put mine on but they did anyway. I'd remove it but don't want to have two holes in the bumpers.

SamfromTX

Reaction score
I want to remove mine also. Don't want holes. Not sure what material to plug the holes with. Any ideas? Perhaps remove the current rivets and bracket then install new rivets with no bracket??