Remote Start and Auto Climate Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was casually flipping through my owners manual this morning trying to pass some time at work and noticed a little info regarding the remote start and automatic climate control settings.

"Automatic Settings

In hot weather, the system is set to 72°F
(22°C). The cooled seats are set to high
(if available, and selected to AUTO in the
information display).

In moderate weather, the system either
heats or cools (based on previous
settings). The rear defroster, heated
mirrors and heated seats do not
automatically turn on.

In cold weather, the system is set to 72°F
(22°C). The heated seats are set to high
(if available, and selected to AUTO in the
information display). The rear defroster
and heated mirrors automatically turn on."

I thought this was very nice and I instantly made sure my settings were on "auto". This will sure come in handy when I PCS Germany, the German winters are no joke.

My question is, In cold weather I understand that the heated seats are set to high, the rear defroster and heated mirrors automatically turn on. But, does the heated steering wheel also come on? This wasn't mentioned in the manual. Anyone from the cold states have experience with this?

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have remote start on my 802a but it doesn't work after pressing the button 2x. Is there something to trouble shoot here before I ask the dealer?

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have remote start on my 802a but it doesn't work after pressing the button 2x. Is there something to trouble shoot here before I ask the dealer?

Just pressing the start button twice won't work. You have to press the lock button first, then press the the start button twice, all within about 3 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
<merciful snippage>

My question is, In cold weather I understand that the heated seats are set to high, the rear defroster and heated mirrors automatically turn on. But, does the heated steering wheel also come on? This wasn't mentioned in the manual. Anyone from the cold states have experience with this?

The heated steering wheel is great and works quickly but, isn’t automatically on.

FTCHMUP

Reaction score
my heated wheel comes on when I remote start but I cant figure out where to adjust the temp setting.
I would love to know though.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The heated steering wheel is great and works quickly but, isn’t automatically on.

The steering wheel heat is on when the truck is remote started, but it and the heated seats turn off when you push the start button. You have to manually select seat and steering wheel heat when you drive the truck.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I discovered all the goodies automatically turned on this morning when it was low 40's - remote started and when I got the in the truck, the seat and the steering wheel were warmed up. I was pleasantly surprised.
There are a lot of nuggets in the manual lol.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Mine comes on automatically w/remote start when the weather is cold.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steering wheel heat is on when the truck is remote started, but it and the heated seats turn off when you push the start button. You have to manually select seat and steering wheel heat when you drive the truck.

This isn’t the case on my 2018. Which was a pleasant surprise. On my 2015 F150 the heated seats and wheel would be on when I remote started, but would turn off as soon as I pressed the start button. My 2018 Raptor keeps the steering wheel and seats on after pressing the start button. Much nicer.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn’t the case on my 2018. Which was a pleasant surprise. On my 2015 F150 the heated seats and wheel would be on when I remote started, but would turn off as soon as I pressed the start button. My 2018 Raptor keeps the steering wheel and seats on after pressing the start button. Much nicer.

Just got into my FordPass remote started 18 SCREW, 9 degrees (F) outside, seats and steering wheel were all heated and they all stayed on after I pushed the start button and drove away. My wife likes the heated steering wheel so much that I may not get my Raptor back until next summer!

Njraptorfan

Reaction score
Mine comes on with remote start, if cold enough out. But you have to return on after you hit the start button. Both seat and wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter