Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That Dude

Reaction score
So I have a Raptor that doesnt have remote start and was looking to add an OEM one but was quoted by 2 different dealerships. One was $477 and the other was $495. I refused to pay the stealership that much for remote start. So my question is, is it worth it to go OEM or go with something like Fortin? If I go OEM, I dont want another key fob hanging off my key chain. I'm curious to know if I purchase an OEM 4 button key fob, would the dealership be able to program it to work with the OEM remote start?

Thanks in advance!

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i bought the ford accessories kit for my 2012.. i think it was like $175 and came with the keys with keyless fobs built in.. I put the module in myself, and took it to the local ford dealer to have it enabled and the keys cut. i think they charged like $60.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the button on my key fob for the remote start, but I can still start it from the Ford Pass app. Have you tried that? Not sure if you need sync 3 for that?

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a Raptor that doesnt have remote start and was looking to add an OEM one but was quoted by 2 different dealerships. One was $477 and the other was $495. I refused to pay the stealership that much for remote start. So my question is, is it worth it to go OEM or go with something like Fortin? If I go OEM, I dont want another key fob hanging off my key chain. I'm curious to know if I purchase an OEM 4 button key fob, would the dealership be able to program it to work with the OEM remote start?

Thanks in advance!

It is my understanding that all Fords xlt and higher come with it installed already. It is just a matter of installing the antenna and programming the new fobs. I bought the Ford ones for my 2012 online and paid my local dealership $75 to install it for me.
Tone

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
That's plain robbery man... I paid 195 to have it added to my order.. you need to find an honest dealer to get it done for around 300 bucks including a new fob. That's what my guy in az said he'd charge... so they all can do it. I'd stay away from getting aftermarket cause they get janky after a while.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the Ford one. Get it and install it then have it programmed at the dealer that way if it causes any issues it will be covered by Ford/Dealer. Just my opinion.