GEN 2 Relay truck theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hilarious to see people that dont know anything about electronics think this is magic.
keys are the way to go in this brave new world, this type of theft is just getting started.

Morn

Reaction score
So it relays the signal from the key fob long enough to start it, but that signal doesn't persist after that. Yes? And they drive off with the "key not present" message?

Just set "Secure Idle enable" as described under the Common tab of the FORScan workbook. (See thread)

"if engine is running but fob is away from vehicle, vehicle cannot be put into any gear"

OP
OP
ogdobber

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it relays the signal from the key fob long enough to start it, but that signal doesn't persist after that. Yes? And they drive off with the "key not present" message?

Just set "Secure Idle enable" as described under the Common tab of the FORScan workbook. (See thread)

So what if they put it in gear while still relaying the signal? (Which I'm sure they do)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
exactly. I don’t think secure idle prevents this.

Also, be wary of the so called RFID blocking bags. test them to be sure they really work as there have been reports of fakes.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I leave my keys in my truck so it's even easier. I also live in Scottsdale, AZ and we don't crime.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can not worry about everything. Use common sense when and where you leave your truck unattended and in my case i added extra insurance of $15000 for an increase of $120 extra per year to cover mods if anything happens to the truck.