GEN 2 rear window switches not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what would cause the rear doors to not be able to control the window up/down? I can operate them from the driver seat, I checked - it's not the window lock at the driver door... ideas? Forscan?

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Child protective turned on?

Yep locks are not set to child, tried the window lock button at the driver door too

Do the rear doors have a fuse to themselves? If so why would the driver switch only work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep locks are not set to child, tried the window lock button at the driver door too

Do the rear doors have a fuse to themselves? If so why would the driver switch only work?

Try turning the child locks "on" and see what happens.

THUMPER

Reaction score
Toadster,
You recently did sound deadening in your doors ? maybe something knocked loose or pinched. if works from the drivers door ,maybe the circuit for the window lockout is compromised somehow. just a thought buddy

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toadster,

You recently did sound deadening in your doors ? maybe something knocked loose or pinched. if works from the drivers door ,maybe the circuit for the window lockout is compromised somehow. just a thought buddy

Just weird that the front works but neither rear door has any interaction...

THUMPER

Reaction score
Just weird that the front works but neither rear door has any interaction..
Correct, but what I'm saying is , it's possible the switch is sending false info to body module to lock out windows. I have seen that similar working on BMWs where the switch block in drivers door was the culprit or wiring gotten damaged or even corrosion in door jam where wires pass through(thats mostly older cars) . Have you tried rear windows since the dynomat/speaker install?

THUMPER

Reaction score
Just weird that the front works but neither rear door has any interaction..
Correct, but what I'm saying is , it's possible the switch is sending false info to body module to lock out windows. I have seen that similar working on BMWs where the switch block in drivers door was the culprit or wiring gotten damaged or even corrosion in door jam where wires pass through(thats mostly older cars) . Have you tried rear windows since the dynomat/speaker install?